Donna M. Schilling
The title of my presentation and a short descriiption:
Why Did Our Ancestors Leave Their Homeland, and Where Did They Go?
In this presentation, I hope to answer these questions, with references to their daily lives :
- Why did our ancesrors leave their homeland and what was their life like there?
- They were invited to come by some governments
- They had valuable skills to offer
- Merchants traveled and explored the sea(s)
- Economic problems became too difficult
- There were many wars and small skirmishes in the homeland
- Many a ncestors desired freedom of religion
- Other personal difficult situations made emigration the best solution
- Where did they go?
- What was life like in the new home?
- l welcome your questions at the end of the presentation
Saturday, November 12 @ 1:30 pm in the Genealogy Room or via Zoom.
NCIGS Mission Objectives
To create and foster an interest in genealogy
To preserve genealogical and historical data
To aid individual members in compiling family genealogies
To establish and maintain a genealogical library
To furnish the Iowa Genealogical Society information for publication
To cooperate with a group or individual interested in furthering genealogical research
The Society shall operate as a non-profit organization
9 Counties Served by NCIGS
Board Meeting: 1 pm Monday preceding General Meeting
General Meeting, 2nd Saturday of the month @1:30 pm Place: 75 S Georgia - Mason City, IA
No meeting in DECEMBER.